kpix-7-2013-masthead kcbs 7-2013-masthead

1 Shot Over Cinco De Mayo Weekend In San Jose

View Comments
A San Jose Police patrol car. (CBS)

A San Jose Police patrol car. (CBS)

SAN JOSE (CBS SF) — A 28-year-old man injured in a Saturday night shooting is expected to survive, police said Sunday.

The shooting was reported in the 3200 block of Cadillac Drive just after 8 p.m., according to San Jose police.

The victim was found suffering at least one gunshot wound, police said.

He was taken to a hospital and was expected to survive, police said.

No one has been arrested and the incident remains under investigation.

It was unclear if the shooting was related to Cinco De Mayo celebrations in the city over the weekend.

Police officers arrested 39 people Saturday night on a variety of charges including public intoxication and possession of deadly weapons, including one person who was armed with a gun.

Additionally, police also took 12 juveniles into custody who were out past curfew.

The arrests Saturday night came after 21 people were arrested Friday night on various charges including public intoxication, possession of narcotics and resisting arrest.

San Jose canceled what had been the annual Cinco de Mayo parade and festival after 2010 because of violence associated with the celebration.

Anyone with information about the shooting is asked to call the Sa Jose Police Department’s assault investigations unit at (408) 277-4161.

(Copyright 2012 by CBS San Francisco. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

 

View Comments
blog comments powered by Disqus
Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 53,874 other followers