18-Year-Old Dies In San Jose Gang Shooting; 2nd Victim Assaulted

SAN JOSE (CBS SF)— An 18-year-old man found shot in San Jose Wednesday night died from his injuries early Thursday morning, according to police.

He was found at 8:21 p.m. in the 1000 block of Walnut Woods Drive along with another man had been assaulted in the same location, police said.

The victim, identified as San Jose resident Ricky Jacques, had been shot at least once, and the second assault victim had suffered some sort of blunt force injuries, according to Officer Jose Garcia.
Jacques was taken to Regional Medical Center in San Jose, where he was declared early Thursday morning at 3:00 a.m., said Garcia.  The second victim was also hospitalized and was treated for non-life threatening injuries.
Garcia said the investigation revealed the shooting and assault were gang-motivated.
No arrests have been made and no suspects were identified.

Anyone with information about this incident has been asked to contact San Jose police at (408) 277-8900.

(Copyright 2012 by CBS San Francisco and Bay City News Service. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS San Francisco

Get The New CBS SF Bay Area Local App
Got Our Weather App?

Listen Live