TechWatch: Affordable Back-To-School Tech
SAN FRANCISCO (CBS 5) – You know about the laptops, tablets and smartphones — back to school tech that makes you blanch at the price. Here are 5 solid back-to-school tech buys that are under $100.
You know all about the expensive back-to-school tech: Notebooks, tablets and smartphones. How about something very affordable for a change? CNET’s 2012 Back to School tech guide has an entire section on great student tech below $100. Here are my five favorite picks that make me want to be back in college again!
- The basic Amazon Kindle: $79. Simple, light, really all you need. And check if your student can get some of their textbooks on the Amazon e-textbook store to save more money (and weight).
- Belkin Bluetooth Music Receiver: $25. This device makes anything with an AUX input jack ready to play music streamed wirelessly from a smartphone. Slick, and future proofing.
- Klipsch S4 earbuds: $60. Students ALWAYS have a pair of earbuds screwed into their head, they may as well sound good and be comfortable. These accomplish that for modest money.
- Logitech Solar Keyboard for Apple: $80. This is for the student who is all Apple, all the time. A slim, self-charging keyboard that works with a MacBook, iPad or iPhone.
- Epson NX430 Multifunction: $80. Not real sexy, but you’re student will use it as much or more than anything on this list. Print, scan, copy and more in a compact device for under $100 with solid Epson quality.
(Copyright 2012 by CBS San Francisco. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)