Electrical Fire Causes Half A Million In Damage To Calistoga Inn

CALISTOGA INN (CBS SF) – An electrical malfunction in a bathroom might have caused a fire at the Calistoga Inn Tuesday morning, a Calistoga firefighter said.

The fire was reported at 3:13 a.m. at the inn, restaurant and brewery located at 1250 Lincoln Ave.

Guests were evacuated as crews began to battle the flames.

The blaze damaged the inn’s roof and attic, and there was water damage to the upper floors, fire engineer Jason Tamagni said.

The fire was under control within 20 minutes, he said.

“No one is allowed back in because some of the ceilings have been compromised,” Tamagni said.

Firefighters were still at the scene late Tuesday morning watching for hot spots, Tamagni said.

Damage is estimated at between $400,000 and $500,000, he said.

Twelve of the hotel’s 18 rooms were occupied, mostly by couples, Tamagni said. No injuries were reported.

Cal Fire and the St. Helena Fire Department also responded to the blaze.

 

(Copyright 2012 by CBS San Francisco and Bay City News Service. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

Comments

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS San Francisco

Get The New CBS SF Bay Area Local App
Got Our Weather App?

Listen Live