2 Danville Schools Sheltering In Place Due To Gas Odor
DANVILLE (CBS SF) — Two Danville schools were sheltering in place as fire and PG&E crews investigated the source of a natural gas odor reported in the area, a San Ramon Valley Fire District spokeswoman said.
District spokeswoman Kimberly French said the fire district first received a call around 10:45 a.m. about a gas-like odor in an area between Sycamore Valley and Crow Canyon roads.
Students and staff at John F. Baldwin Elementary School and Charlotte Wood Middle School are sheltering in place as a precaution until the source of the natural gas smell has been located, she said.
(Copyright 2012 by CBS San Francisco and Bay City News Service. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)