Shelter-In-Place Lifted After Menlo Park Gas Line Rupture
MENLO PARK (CBS SF) — A gas leak in Menlo Park has been capped and a shelter-in-place order for residents has been lifted, a PG&E spokesman said Monday afternoon.
A third-party construction crew struck a 1-inch plastic line around 11:15 a.m. in the 1300 block of Hoover Street, PG&E spokesman Jason King said.
Nearby residents were ordered to stay inside until leak was capped, which happened at 12:06 p.m., King said.
There were still 10 customers without gas service in a nearby apartment building, but repairs were expected to be completed by 1:30 p.m., King said.
King said the crew had called 811 before digging to learn where the underground gas lines were. He said PG&E employees had come out and marked the location of the lines, so it is unclear how the accident occurred.
(Copyright 2013 by CBS San Francisco and Bay City News Service. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)