Letter Surfaces Showing MLB Denied A’s San Jose Move

SAN JOSE (CBS/AP) — Major League Baseball commissioner Bud Selig formally informed the Oakland A’s this summer that the team’s bid to move San Jose had been denied.

Saturday a Selig letter to the team surfaced in a federal court filing Friday night. MLB disclosed the existence of the letter as part of its legal argument to dismiss what remains of San Jose antitrust lawsuit filed against the league over the A’s future stadium plans. The letter itself wasn’t made public.

The court filing says Selig sent the letter to the club on June 17. The next day, San Jose filed its lawsuit accusing MLB of antitrust violations.

Oakland A’s owner Lew Wolff said that the club is still fighting to relocate to San Jose.

(Copyright 2013 by CBS San Francisco. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)

Comments

One Comment

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS San Francisco

Get The New CBS SF Bay Area Local App
Got Our Weather App?

Listen Live