‘Star Wars’ Creators Offering Shot At Role In Latest Film For Donation To Unicef
(CBS SF) – Filming of the upcoming Disney/Lucasfilm movie “Star Wars: Episode VII” is currently underway in Abu Dhabi with the entire cast. Via YouTube, director J.J. Abrams has announced he is inviting one lucky person to the set of the film.
The creation of “Star Wars: Force for Change” is to raise funds for United Nations Children’s Fund’s (UNICEF) Innovation Labs, a program that benefits the world’s most vulnerable children. Disney/Lucasfilm has kicked down $1 million to support the cause and now “Star Wars” fans can make their own contribution for a chance to be part of one of the most anticipated movies of all time.
Chipping in a $10 donation to the Omaze fundraising platform secures a chance at a once in a lifetime experience. The winning fan will get:
- Shoot a scene for Star Wars: Episode VII
- Be J.J. Abrams’ VIP guest on set in London
- Flight and hotel included for 2
Larger donations earn more entries to the drawing, which is set for July.
“The Star Wars films were made through George Lucas’s adventurous combination of technology and creativity,” said Kathleen Kennedy, president of Lucasfilm. “We wanted to honor and carry on that positive spirit as we start production on Episode VII and use Star Wars to make a difference in the world. Star Wars: Force for Change will help us do that, letting us give back to the fans who keep Star Wars alive, and raising much-needed funds for programs like UNICEF’s Innovation Labs.”
Fans can go to Omaze.com/StarWars to contribute. The campaign runs from through July 18th, 2014. “Star Wars: Episode VII” will release in theaters December 18, 2015.
You May Also Be Interested In These Stories
- J.J. Abrams Announces More ‘Force For Change’ Prizes And Shows Off X-Wing Fighter
- Jon Stewart, Stephen Colbert Duel Over ‘Star Wars’ Fan Supremacy
- #Trending In Entertainment: Bieber On Probation, Emmy Nominations, and Star Wars Delays
- ‘Leaked Star Wars VII’ Footage Actually a Viral Fan Video