2-Alarm Fire Rages Through Kitchen Of Swanky Los Gatos’ Manresa Restaurant

By Brandon Mercer

LOS GATOS (KCBS) — A two-alarm fire devastated Los Gatos’ Manresa, a two-time Michelin star-winning restaurant, dubbed as the South Bay’s most famous and one of the biggest on the West Coast.

The fire received a phone call at 3:58 a.m from someone who noticed the fire coming through the roof of the restaurant at 320 Village Lane.

Crews were able to arrive immediately since the fire station is about 100 yards away.

Flames could be seen erupting from the high-profile restaurant as firefighters punched holes in the roof to try and vent out the fire.

A crew of about 35 firefighters worked to overhaul the blaze which did major damage in the kitchen and service area according to KCBS reporter Matt Bigler.

One firefighter had suffered a fall was transported to a nearby hospital to be treated for minor chest injury.

The fire somehow began outside Manresa restaurant, then burned through to the attic and interior.

A gas meter was involved and a hazmat crew from Cupertino came out to assist along with PG&E who shut down the gas line. An investigation of what started the fire is underway.

No one was present at the restaurant as the business closed for an annual vacation period starting July 3 and was to reopen Wednesday.

Chef and Owner David Kinch is flying back from New York to assess the damage.

Manresa was included recently by the magazine Wine Enthusiast as among the top 100 wine restaurants in the country according to the magazine’s website and features tasting options such as abalone, spring lamb, and a variety of produce from a Santa Cruz farm.

A meal at Manresa, inspired by European traditions and seasonal California produce, costs $298 per person when paired with wine.

  • http://healthnewslatest.com/manresa-fire-david-kinchs-california-restaurant-suffers-major-damage/ Manresa Fire: David Kinch’s California Restaurant Suffers ‘Major Damage’ | Health News Latest

    […] erupted during cook David Kinch’s dual Michelin-starred Manresa in Los Gatos, California. According to CBS, a glow was reported during around 4 a.m. when abandon could be seen “erupting” from a […]

  • http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2014/07/09/fire-at-manresa-restaurant-started-outside-near-garbage-cans-causes-240k-in-damage-michelin-star-david-kinch/ Fire At Los Gatos’ Manresa Restaurant Started Outside Near Garbage Cans, Causes $240K In Damage « CBS San Francisco

    […] Firefighters received a call at 3:58 a.m. Monday from a citizen who noticed fire coming from the roof of the restaurant. […]

blog comments powered by Disqus
Guide To The Holidays
Shine A Light On The Holiday Season With ‘Giving Tuesday’

Listen Live