Hayward Family Says Dog Saved Them From Burning House

HAYWARD (CBS SF) — One family’s dog is being credited with saving lives as flames started to burn their Hayward home.

A Rottweiler named Champ lived up to his name when he woke up his owners Thursday morning. A fire was burning in the garage of their Glen Eden home around 3 a.m.

The family smelled the smoke and quickly escaped.

“It’s just because of him, we responded so quickly and firefighters came quick and took care of it,” said Champ’s owner Vishesh Vaid.

Champ normally sleeps in the garage, but for some reason he decided to sleep inside the home Wednesday night, according to his owners.

Investigators say the fire started when an extension cord charging a car battery apparently shorted.

 

Comments

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS San Francisco

Get The New CBS SF Bay Area Local App
Got Our Weather App?

Listen Live