NAPA (CBS SF) — A wine cellar worker survived a 26-gallon fish tank falling on him during the Napa earthquake Sunday morning.
20-year old Steven Smith was sleeping at a friend’s house Sunday morning when the magnitude 6.0 earthquake struck. A 26-gallon fish tank on a metal stand fell on him during the shaking, landing on his head.
Smith’s head and left arm were cut, requiring a trip to the hospital.
- CBS SF Earthquake Coverage
- VIDEO: KPIX 5 Quake Coverage
- Magnitude 7.0 Earthquake Strikes Peru
- High Probability Of Strong Aftershocks
- Major Damage To Napa Wineries
- Napa Buildings Damaged In Quake
- Vallejo Buildings Damaged In Quake
- What To Do During An Aftershock
- Earthquake Insurance (California Earthquake Authority)
- USGS Quake Data Page
- Follow @CBSSF
- Follow @KCBSNews