2.9 Aftershock Rattles Napa; Among Dozens Of Small Tremors Following 6.0 Earthquake
Get Breaking News First
Alleged Shoplifter Nicknamed ‘El Mustachio The Magician’ Arrested At Santa Cruz Costco
Notorious Ex-Cocaine Kingpin George Jung Out of Prison, Living In San Francisco
Wild Weather: Lightning, Hail Strike Napa, Heavy Rain In North Bay
San Francisco Uber Driver Charged With Attacking Passenger With Hammer
NAPA (CBS SF) — An aftershock of the Napa earthquake, one of dozens of that have hit after Sunday’s 6.0 shaker, was felt Monday afternoon and registered a magnitude of 2.9.
The U.S. Geological Survey said that aftershock struck just after 5 p.m. Monday, minutes after another, smaller aftershock hit which measured a 1.8 magnitude.
Of the more than five dozen aftershock of the Napa earthquake, two of them have been of a magnitude 3.0 or higher – the largest being a 3.6-magnitude aftershock at 5:47 a.m. Sunday, according to the USGS.
Earlier Monday, the USGS reported there is a 25 percent chance of a strong and potentially damaging aftershock in the next seven days following Sunday’s 6.0-magnitude earthquake near American Canyon.
- CBS SF Earthquake Coverage
- VIDEO: KPIX 5 Quake Coverage
- Magnitude 7.0 Earthquake Strikes Peru
- High Probability Of Strong Aftershocks
- Major Damage To Napa Wineries
- Napa Buildings Damaged In Quake
- Vallejo Buildings Damaged In Quake
- What To Do During An Aftershock
- Earthquake Insurance (California Earthquake Authority)
- USGS Quake Data Page
- Follow @CBSSF
- Follow @KCBSNews