Famous ‘Earthquake Car’ Crushed By Collapsed Ceiling Was A Rental
NAPA (CBS SF) — It turns out the most famous car photographed following Sunday’s magnitude 6.0 earthquake in Napa was a rental, according to KPIX 5’s Joe Vazquez.
The Napa man, who asked to stay anonymous, says his car was in the shop for repairs after it was rear-ended earlier in the week.
He parked his rental car Saturday night after drinking, and took a taxi home. The next day following the earthquake, he found the car destroyed by a collapsed ceiling.
He told Vazquez he thought he was having a bad week, but considering the damage missed him, it seems as if luck was on his side.
- CBS SF Earthquake Coverage
- VIDEO: KPIX 5 Quake Coverage
- Magnitude 7.0 Earthquake Strikes Peru
- High Probability Of Strong Aftershocks
- Major Damage To Napa Wineries
- Napa Buildings Damaged In Quake
- Vallejo Buildings Damaged In Quake
- What To Do During An Aftershock
- Earthquake Insurance (California Earthquake Authority)
- USGS Quake Data Page
- Follow @CBSSF
- Follow @KCBSNews