REDWOOD CITY (KPIX 5) — California driver’s licenses will have a new category for undocumented immigrants come January.
The new licenses will contain a notation of “Federal Limits Apply.”
- Pres. Obama’s Executive Order On Immigration Will Impact Bay Area’s Diverse Population
- VIDEO: Watch The President’s Immigration Speech
A standing room only community meeting in Redwood City Thursday night contained mostly undocumented immigrants who planned to be first in line for licenses.
“I’m happy for the license, and now the President says you can stay without deportation,” Carla Figueroa told KPIX 5.
Many of the meeting’s attendants may not qualify directly for the immigration plan, but still plan to emerge from the shadows simply by getting their licenses.
“Now they can be driving without fear. They can show a driver’s license. They’ll be able to pay a ticket, and they’ll be able to get insurance,” Silvia Ramirez of United Parents Committee said.
- Viral Video Of Texas Road Rage Incident Gets ‘Star Wars’ Treatment
- Kim Kardashian-West Talks Sexuality, Family Life, Caitlyn Jenner In San Francisco Commonwealth Club Interview
- N. California Woman Seeks Couple She Snapped Getting Engaged On The Eiffel Tower
- ‘Jimmy Kimmel’ Goes To Oakland For Warriors Edition Of ‘Lie Witness News’
- ‘Roaracle’ Is The Loudest NBA Arena, But Could All That Noise Affect Your Hearing?
- Watch Stephen Curry Rapping As A College Student In Recently Uncovered Video