Police Confirm Carbon Monoxide Killed Couple Found In Berkeley Apartment

BERKELEY (CBS SF) — A Berkeley couple found dead in their apartment under mysterious circumstances last week died as a result of acute carbon monoxide intoxication in what’s being described by police as a “tragic accident.”

The bodies of Roger and Valerie Morash and their two cats, were found in their apartment in the 3000 block of Deakin Street on Jan. 23.

Investigators reviewed autopsy findings, toxicology reports and necropsies of the dead cats to make the determination. They also collected items around the apartment to test them for the presence of presence of toxins, finding none.

They are still trying to determine the source of the carbon monoxide.

TM and © Copyright 2017 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2017 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. Bay City News Service contributed to this report

Comments

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS San Francisco

Get The New CBS SF Bay Area Local App
Got Our Weather App?

Listen Live