Affordable Care Act
Health Insurance FAQs
Understanding Health Care In America Today
- What Has The Affordable Care Act Accomplished A Year Later? With almost a year under its belt, has the Affordable Care Act impact as many people as it originally set out to?
- Patients Racking Up Medical Bills Despite Affordable Care Act Even people with health insurance can still rack up significant medical debt, particularly if they get a serious illness. Now, a new service from Nerdwallet is helping steer individuals with outstanding medical debt to medical billing experts, ...
- Oakland Doctors Produce 'Welcome To County' Rap Video To Publicize Hospital Funding Needs Oakland doctors concerned about the funding of county hospitals are taking a one-of-a-kind approach to publicizing that concern, with the release of a slickly-produced rap video.
- Shifting Some Public Employees To Obamacare Would Save Billions, Stanford Study Concludes According to a new study from Stanford University, local and state governments could save billions of dollars on their health care costs if they were to shift thousands of public employees over to Obamacare.
- Gov. Brown Signs Spending Plan That Expands Medi-Cal While Continuing Budget Cuts Gov. Jerry Brown on Friday signed a budget for the 2014-15 fiscal year that accommodates an influx of uninsured residents into Medi-Cal yet leaves in place a 10 percent recession-era cut to most doctors, dentists and other health care providers who...
- Anthem Blue Cross To Cover Sonoma County Cancer Patient After KPIX 5 Report Anthem Blue Cross told the family of a Sonoma County man that they will cover his cancer treatment, after KPIX 5 reported that they received a letter denying coverage.
- Sonoma County Man Battling Cancer Denied Coverage By Anthem Blue Cross After Paying $100K In Premiums A Sonoma County man battling more than a dozen tumors in his body is fighting a new battle with his insurance carrier, who has denied coverage for his treatments.
- Insurer Admits Nearly 1,000 Doctors Wrongly Placed On Covered California Provider List Two months after KPIX 5 ConsumerWatch first reported about some doctors listed on the Covered California exchange were actually not accepting the plans, insurer Anthem Blue Cross admitted that nearly 1,000 doctors were erroneously listed.
- ConsumerWatch: Some Covered California Patients Say They Can't See A Doctor While open enrollment for coverage under the Affordable Care Act is closed, many of the newly insured are finding they can’t find doctors, landing them into a state described as “medical homelessness.”
- Some Bay Area Residents Refuse To Sign Up For Insurance, Will Pay Penalty Despite an extended deadline to sign up for health care under Covered California, some in the Bay Area are choosing to pay a penalty instead of insurance because of the cost.