Affordable Care Act
Health Insurance FAQs
Understanding Health Care In America Today
- Insurer Admits Nearly 1,000 Doctors Wrongly Placed On Covered California Provider List Two months after KPIX 5 ConsumerWatch first reported about some doctors listed on the Covered California exchange were actually not accepting the plans, insurer Anthem Blue Cross admitted that nearly 1,000 doctors were erroneously listed.
- ConsumerWatch: Some Covered California Patients Say They Can't See A Doctor While open enrollment for coverage under the Affordable Care Act is closed, many of the newly insured are finding they can’t find doctors, landing them into a state described as “medical homelessness.”
- Some Bay Area Residents Refuse To Sign Up For Insurance, Will Pay Penalty Despite an extended deadline to sign up for health care under Covered California, some in the Bay Area are choosing to pay a penalty instead of insurance because of the cost.
- Covered California Enrollees Complain About Limited Doctor Choices Nearby California’s health care exchange promised potential customers they would have enough physicians to choose from. But some new enrollees, including an Alameda County woman, are discovering that their doctor choices are extremely limited.
- ConsumerWatch: Covered California Enrollees Complain Of Bait & Switch A growing number of people who purchased health insurance through California’s state run exchange are complaining that they were misled about the availability of physicians in the network. Some are calling it a bait and switch.
- ConsumerWatch: Some Doctors Surprised To Be On Covered California Provider List After KPIX 5 ConsumerWatch revealed confusion over which physicians are accepting patients under Covered California, some doctors who did not want to accept patients on the exchange said they were surprised to find out they were on the exchange's...
- 625K Enroll In Covered California, Signups Among Young Below Expectations Officials with California’s health insurance exchange Tuesday said about 625,000 people have signed up for an individual or family policy under the federal health care reforms, but enrollments for Latinos and younger people continue to lag...
- Covered California Extends Payment Deadline To Jan. 15 Covered California says on its website that health coverage will continue to take effect on Jan. 1 but the payment deadline has been extended to prevent consumers from feeling rushed to pay recently received invoices.
- Obamacare Enrollment In California: Over 150,000 So Far Over 150,000 residents of California have successfully enrolled so far. California has more than seven million uninsured residents.
- Election Watch: Will Obamacare Hurt Democrats In 2014? Less than a year from now, voters head to the polls for the 2014 midterm elections.