Affordable Care Act
Health Insurance FAQs
Understanding Health Care In America Today
- Covered California Enrollees Complain About Limited Doctor Choices Nearby California’s health care exchange promised potential customers they would have enough physicians to choose from. But some new enrollees, including an Alameda County woman, are discovering that their doctor choices are extremely limited.
- ConsumerWatch: Covered California Enrollees Complain Of Bait & Switch A growing number of people who purchased health insurance through California’s state run exchange are complaining that they were misled about the availability of physicians in the network. Some are calling it a bait and switch.
- ConsumerWatch: Some Doctors Surprised To Be On Covered California Provider List After KPIX 5 ConsumerWatch revealed confusion over which physicians are accepting patients under Covered California, some doctors who did not want to accept patients on the exchange said they were surprised to find out they were on the exchange's...
- 625K Enroll In Covered California, Signups Among Young Below Expectations Officials with California’s health insurance exchange Tuesday said about 625,000 people have signed up for an individual or family policy under the federal health care reforms, but enrollments for Latinos and younger people continue to lag...
- Covered California Extends Payment Deadline To Jan. 15 Covered California says on its website that health coverage will continue to take effect on Jan. 1 but the payment deadline has been extended to prevent consumers from feeling rushed to pay recently received invoices.
- Obamacare Enrollment In California: Over 150,000 So Far Over 150,000 residents of California have successfully enrolled so far. California has more than seven million uninsured residents.
- Election Watch: Will Obamacare Hurt Democrats In 2014? Less than a year from now, voters head to the polls for the 2014 midterm elections.
- Covered California Staffers Hold Bay Area Health Care Enrollment Events Representatives with the state's health care exchange, Covered California, are holding a number of events at Bay Area libraries helping people enroll over the next two weeks.
- ConsumerWatch Call-In: Your Affordable Health Care Questions Answered With a deadline approaching for Californians to apply for health insurance in order to be covered beginning January 1st, KPIX 5 is helping you get the answers you need on health care.
- Obamacare Key Dates In 2014 Implementation of the health reform law continues through 2014 with these key dates.