Latest Autos News
- Government Ups Deadly Air Bag Recall To 7.8 Million Vehicles The U.S. government is now urging owners of nearly 8 million cars and trucks to have the air bags repaired because of potential danger to drivers and passengers.
- General Motors 3Q Profit Nearly Doubles The automaker posted a net profit of $1.38 billion, or 81 cents per share, from July through September.
- List Of Cars Affected By Airbag Recall A defect in the devices can possibly kill or injure the driver or passengers. Is your car on the list?
- US Agency Warns Nearly 8 Million Car Owners To Get Air Bags Fixed The inflator mechanisms in the air bags can rupture, causing metal fragments to fly out when the bags are deployed in crashes.
- GM Ignition Switch Death Count Rises To 29 At least 29 people have died and 27 people have been seriously injured in crashes involving General Motors cars with defective ignition switches.
- RECALL: 4.7 Million People's Air Bags Could Spew Deadly Metal Fragments When They Detonate, 4 People Already Killed Safety advocates say at least four people have died from metal shards released when faulty air bags explode, and there have been multiple injuries. They also say more than 20 million vehicles in the U.S. are equipped with the faulty air bags, and the...
- Chrysler Issues Recall For Nearly 907K Cars, SUVs Chrysler is recalling nearly 907,000 Chrysler, Dodge and Jeep SUVs and cars for failing alternators and heated power mirrors that can cause minor fires.
- Tesla Adding All-Wheel Drive, Safety Features Luxury electric car maker Tesla Motors is making its Model S sedan faster and safer in an effort to compete better with other high-end sedans.
- Mitsubishi Recalls Cars, SUVs For Stalling Problem Mitsubishi is recalling nearly 166,000 older small cars and SUVs in the U.S. because the engines can stall unexpectedly.
- Overturned Tanker Spills Porta-Potty Water In 6-Car Accident; Causing Injuries & Blocked Lanes On Hwy 280 In San Jose A six-vehicle crash and sewage-tanker spill closed all lanes on southbound Interstate Highway 280 in San Jose Wednesday morning and caused minor injuries, according to the California Highway Patrol.