Latest Autos News
- Chrysler Recalls Over 566,000 Trucks, SUVs Chrysler is recalling more than 566,000 SUVs and trucks because malfunctioning fuel heaters can cause fires, or a software glitch can disable the electronic stability control.
- CEO Mary Barra Wants GM To Develop A New Attitude "I want it understood that they day of GM being a polite competitor is over," Barra tells the Detroit Economic Club.
- Electric-Car Drivers Trading Gas For Solar Power Owners of electric vehicles have already gone gas-free. Now, a growing number are powering their cars with sunlight.
- 2015 Consumer Reports Rankings: 8th Year Toyota Is Most Reliable, Tech Problems Plague Other Brands Toyota tops Consumer Reports 2015 reliability index, released today, but electronic glitches in the onboard infotainment systems continue to plague new cars.
- Government Ups Deadly Air Bag Recall To 7.8 Million Vehicles The U.S. government is now urging owners of nearly 8 million cars and trucks to have the air bags repaired because of potential danger to drivers and passengers.
- General Motors 3Q Profit Nearly Doubles The automaker posted a net profit of $1.38 billion, or 81 cents per share, from July through September.
- List Of Cars Affected By Airbag Recall A defect in the devices can possibly kill or injure the driver or passengers. Is your car on the list?
- US Agency Warns Nearly 8 Million Car Owners To Get Air Bags Fixed The inflator mechanisms in the air bags can rupture, causing metal fragments to fly out when the bags are deployed in crashes.
- GM Ignition Switch Death Count Rises To 29 At least 29 people have died and 27 people have been seriously injured in crashes involving General Motors cars with defective ignition switches.
- RECALL: 4.7 Million People's Air Bags Could Spew Deadly Metal Fragments When They Detonate, 4 People Already Killed Safety advocates say at least four people have died from metal shards released when faulty air bags explode, and there have been multiple injuries. They also say more than 20 million vehicles in the U.S. are equipped with the faulty air bags, and the...