Latest Autos News
- Google Providing Auto Insurance Quotes In California; May Foreshadow Move To Underwrite Own Policies Google is helping California drivers shop for car insurance as part of a new service that could foreshadow the Internet company's latest attempt to shake up a long-established industry.
- SF Goes Crazy Snapping Pictures Of Driverless Future Car Spotted On City Streets Tweets are flying and Reddit users are in a buzz Thursday morning with news that a "mystery car" was spotted cruising around San Francisco Wednesday.
- How Will Insurance Companies Handle Driverless Cars? As auto makers and Silicon Valley companies continue to develop driverless cars, insurance companies are already warning about how they could affect their business practices.
- 16 Bizarre, Surprising, Or Creepy Google Projects From Bloodstream Robots, Military Dogs, Lunar Bases, And Even Deodorant From lightbulbs to your bloodstream, genomes to Terminator-type robots, Google is involved in every aspect of your life--and even in extending life--and possibly preserving your digital self forever.
- Apple iCar? Technology Media Abuzz With Rumors Of Apple-Built Auto Several reports in the technology media seem to be pointing to the liklihood that Apple Inc., famed maker of computers, smartphones, tablets -- and soon watches -- has set its sights on making an electric, possibly self-driving car.
- New Snarky Road Signs In Hayward Target Speeding Drivers, Pedestrians Checking Facebook We pass speed limit signs every day, but one Bay Area community says mundane traffic signs aren’t cutting it anymore.
- Sneak Preview Video And Photos Of The Tesla Model X Hybrid SUV Last week in Alameda, a man happened upon Tesla testing the yet-to-be-released Model X hybrid SUV. The man behind the camera was on his way to the nearby skate park when he was able to capture photos and video of Tesla's Model X in action.
- Mystery Van Could Be Apple's Entry In Effort To Develop Driverless Vehicle A mysterious minivan with an unknown apparatus on its roof is cruising around the Bay Area, creating speculation it may be a prototype of a self-driving vehicle - this time made by Apple.
- Caught On Camera: Motorcyclist Lands On His Feet After Car Runs Light In San Francisco, Smashes Into Him A motorcyclist’s helmet-mounted camera captured video of him miraculously landing on his feet after a car ran a red light and smashed into the rider, flipping him and his bike over the hood in San Francisco.
- Chrysler, Honda, Toyota Recall 2.1 Million Vehicles For Defective Air Bags More than 2 million Toyota, Chrysler and Honda vehicles are being recalled for a second fix for faulty air bags that may inadvertently inflate while the car is running.