Latest News & Information About Education
- Students Rising Above Scholar Keeps Up Hard Work During Summer No sleeping in or playing video games for Jose Iglesias once college classes end at UC Santa Cruz. The Students Rising Above scholar will have a summer break be filled with work at two internships.
- Students Rising Above Scholars Establishing Excellence In Their Families This year’s Students Rising Above seniors’ next goal is in sight - becoming the first in their families to graduate from college.
- New State Budget Puts New Limits On UC System The University of California system will face new financial restrictions and enrollment targets under the proposed state budget after an audit found administrators hid tens of millions of dollars from the public.
- Oakland Unified Moves To Cut Reading Clinic For Special Ed Students Oakland Unified says it's cutting a popular reading clinic for special education students because the district can no longer afford it.
- North Bay College Gives Out Food To Students Barely Scraping By A Bay Area college campus is helping students put food on the table.
- Pricey Investigation Finds Former UC Berkeley Chancellor Misused Funds Former UC Berkeley Chancellor Nicholas Dirks misused $4,990 of university funds, but the investigation to discover it cost ten times that.
- Bay Area Spelling Bee Champion Sets Sights On National Title A San Jose 8th grader is one of 16 students from California competing at the 90th Scripps National Spelling Bee outside Washington D.C.
- Board of Regents Party at UC's Expense The University of California Board of Regents spent tens of thousands of dollars on parties, including a $17,600 banquet the night before they voted in January to raise student tuition.
- Parents Outraged After Bully Who Filmed Girl Urinating Is Allowed Back In School The parents of a 16-year-old girl who was filmed urinating in a bathroom stall are criticizing school officials for not doing enough to punish the perpetrator.
- 6 Teens Charged For Alleged Hazing Incidents At Napa High School Six juveniles were charged Friday for alleged criminal actions, but no charges were filed against a coach, in connection with alleged football team hazing incidents at Napa High School in the 2015-16 school year.