Latest News & Information About Education
- California Lawmaker Seeks Millionaire's Tax For Tuition-Free College Some California Democrats want to make college tuition free for in-state students by taxing very wealthy residents.
- SFUSD Sending Out Thousands Of School Assignment Letters Late The San Francisco Unified School District is expected to send out thousands of school assignment letters Monday, several days behind schedule.
- Rutvik Gandhasri Wins CBS Bay Area Regional Spelling Bee With O-M-O-D-Y-N-I-A More than 50 of the Bay Area’s best spellers faced off Saturday afternoon at the CBS Bay Area Regional Spelling Bee for the fourth year in a row.
- Palo Alto Schools Named After Leaders Of Eugenics Movement To Get New Names School officials in Palo Alto have unanimously voted to rename two middle schools that bear the names of leaders in the eugenics movement.
- Replay: 2017 CBS Bay Area Spelling Bee Full Video Full video of the 2017 CBS Bay Area Spelling Bee, round by round.
- Photos Of The 2017 CBS Bay Area Spelling Bee Contestants Here are the contestants who participated in the 2017 CBS Bay Area Spelling Bee.
- Carol Christ Appointed As UC Berkeley's 1st Woman Chancellor The University of California's governing board has appointed Carol T. Christ to become the next chancellor of UC Berkeley.
- Some Bay Area Spelling Bee Participants Are Bee Veterans As the Bay Area's top spellers get ready to compete this Saturday in the CBS Bay Area Spelling Bee, some of them are no strangers to local spelling competitions.
- California Considers Exempting Teachers From State Income Tax A California State Senate proposal would make teachers exempt from the state income tax.
- California Lawmakers Announce Plan To Reduce Student Debt California lawmakers have announced what they call the most ambitious proposal in the country to reduce student loan debt.