Watch Dr. Travis Stork from The Doctors and a panel of renowned medical experts discuss colorectal cancer and digestive health.
What is laparoscopic surgery?
When is the last time you talked about colon cancer?
In many cases, colorectal cancer can be prevented.
Why should there be a postoperative follow-up program?
One in three people 50 years or older has not been screened for colon cancer, yet screening could help save their lives.
These are some of the words that come to mind for lots of folks when they think about getting tested for colorectal cancer.
By Laura D. Porter, MD Colon Cancer Alliance Patient Advocate Medical Consultant In January 2003, I was 42 and completing my first year of my pediatric residency. My life was extremely busy; I was working […]
By Andrew Spiegel Colon Cancer Alliance One of the keys to eradicating colon cancer is awareness. Being aware of risk factors, symptoms, family history and screening options will not only help in fighting the disease […]
By The American Society of Colon & Rectal Surgeons No one expects to be diagnosed with colorectal cancer, especially a former professional football player who takes pride in staying in good physical condition. Yet that’s […]
In cities across America, parents and children crawl through a playground of polyps and colon tissue in an effort to gain a better understanding of colorectal cancer.
Several well-known figures have been hit with colorectal cancer, some becoming survivors and others falling to the aggressive disease.
RESOURCES & EXPERT ANSWERS
- Cleveland Clinic: Take The Colorectal Cancer Risk Assessment
- American Gastroenterological Association
- American College of Gastroenterology
- American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons
- American Cancer Society
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Prevent Cancer Foundation
- Colon Cancer Alliance
- C3: Colorectal Cancer Coalition
- Colon Club
- STOP Colon Rectal Cancer
- National Coalition for Cancer Survivorship
- Coalition of National Cancer Cooperative Groups
- Cancer Care
- Cancer Hope Network
- Hereditary Colon Cancer Association
- Onco Link
- Johns Hopkins Kimmel Cancer Center
- The Jay Monahan Center for Gastrointestinal Health
- City of Hope
- Colon Cancer Coalition
- Get Your Rear in Gear Blog
- Colorectal Facts: True Or False?
- Colorectal Cancer Screening Saves Lives pocket brochure
- Fast Facts pocket brochure insert
- Questions to Ask Your Doctor pocket brochure insert
- Risk Factors and Symptoms pocket brochure insert
- Screening Tests At-a-Glance pocket brochure insert
MayoClinic.com: Colorectal Cancer
MayoClinic.com: Digestive Diseases
- Fiber supplements: Are they safe to take every day?
- Celiac disease diet: How do I get enough grains?
- Spastic colon: What does it mean?
- GERD: Can certain medications increase severity?
- Acid reflux and GERD: The same thing?
- Diverticulitis diet: Should I avoid nuts and seeds?
- IBS diet: Can yogurt ease symptoms?
- Crohn's disease symptom: Is fatigue common?
- IBS in children: Is it possible?
- Prebiotics: What are they?