Students Rising Above
Our Featured Students
- Family Setbacks Won't Stop Star Student Edward Nguyen From Being A Success What had been a crisis turned into a liberating experience for Edward Nguyen.
- San Rafael Teen Worked Full-Time At McDonald's To Support Himself, Younger Sister Seventeen-year-old Olman Lopez is financially on his own. No welfare and no support from his parents. He's been working at McDonald's full time since he was 15.
- Determined Richmond Student With 16 Housemates And No Home Computer Maintains Near-Perfect GPA One Richmond high school student with a near-perfect GPA manages to get his homework done despite having no home computer and 16 housemate.
- Hard-Working Oakland Teen On Path Toward College While Providing For His Family On Saturday mornings while most teenagers are sleeping in, Anthony Cornejo, is busy working at a small computer repair shop in Oakland. He also works Sundays at a flea market because his family needs the money. For Anthony, family is everything.
- Oakland High Schooler Learns Hard Work Ethic From Ailing Mother; Overcomes Odds On Way To College At 8:30AM on a Saturday morning, while most kids are still sleeping, Sharit Cardenas Lopez is busy helping her mom clean a client's home.