Latest NFL News
- Daily Madden: Raiders Need More Help Than Free Agents Can Offer With more money to spend under the salary cap than any other team, the Raiders appeared to do little to improve on the first day of free agency Tuesday.
- 49ers Acquire Jonathan Martin From Dolphins Jonathan Martin, the offensive tackle who accused a Miami Dolphins teammate of bullying, was traded to the San Francisco 49ers on Tuesday night and will be reunited with his college coach, Jim Harbaugh.
- Daily Madden: The Free Agency Scramble Begins "The Raiders have more salary cap money than any other team, so they're going to, in theory I guess, be able to get a lot more on the free agent market than any other team in the league," Madden told the KCBS morning crew.
- Daily Madden: Is Michael Vick A Good Fit For The 49ers? Michael Vick, released by the Philadelphia Eagles, may or may not find a starting quarterback position elsewhere. But some NFL analysts speculate he'll end up as a backup QB, perhaps on a team like the 49ers.
- Daily Madden: Sports Medicine Pioneer Of 'Tommy John' Surgery Dies Dr. Frank Jobe, whose Tommy John surgery has saved the careers of numerous athletes, died in Santa Monica Thursday at age 88.
- GameDay: Is 49ers QB Kaepernick Worth A Big New Contract? What is it with sports and contracts? Why do we always talk about a coach or player leaving when he still has time on his deal? First it was 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh, now its quarterback Colin Kaepernick.
- Daily Madden: Vick To Oakland Talk Is Likely Just Rumors SAN FRANCISCO (KCBS) - NFL veterans Michael Vick, Champ Bailey and Devin Hester reportedly won't be re-signed by their respective teams - the Eagles, the Broncos and the Bears. John Madden discounts rumors that Vick might be headed to...
- Daily Madden: Is Kaepernick An $18 Million Man? After three years as a 49er and two as the starting quarterback who led the team to two NFC Championship games and a Super Bowl, Colin Kaepernick is reportedly looking for a pay increase to around $18 million a year.
- Daily Madden: Little Evidence Of A Rift Between 49er Players And Harbaugh "I really don't think there's anything there," John Madden told the KCBS Radio morning crew.
- Daily Madden: Raiders Future More Likely In LA Than Oakland Making it clear he has no inside knowledge, John said he thinks it's more likely the Raiders would eventually end up in Los Angeles, which has no NFL team.