Latest NFL News
- Phil Dawson And Defense Fuel 49er Victory In a game that they had to win, San Francisco responded. They beat the best team in the NFC, (record-wise) and remain in control of their playoff destiny.
- Raiders Struggle In New York Again As Big Mistakes Prove Costly The Oakland Raiders fell to 4-9 on the season with a 37-27 loss on the road against the New York Jets today, thanks to the usual defensive lapses and one big special-teams breakdown.
- Dawson Go-Ahead Field Goal Lifts 49ers Over Seahawks Phil Dawson kicked a 22-yard field goal with 26 seconds remaining and the 49ers held off the Seattle Seahawks 19-17 on Sunday.
- Jets Chill Raiders' Offense In 37-27 Victory Geno Smith threw a touchdown pass and ran for another score as the Jets set a season high for points in a 37-27 victory over the Raiders on Sunday.
- Raiders, Jets Both Nursing Many Wounds As They Prepare To Face Off Sunday The Oakland Raiders have some injury issues at running back, and the New York Jets have some health concerns at wide receiver -- and both teams might just want to get through their next four games as fast as possible.
- 49ers Offense, Seahawks Defense Slightly Undermanned For NFC West Showdown The pivotal game between the 49ers and Seahawks will be without a few key players. As a whole though, both teams are relatively healthy and have to be pleased heading into this important rematch.
- Daily Madden: Running Back Shortage Hurting Raiders The Raiders may have to go with a ground game by committee on the road against the New York Jets Sunday.
- Daily Madden: The Seahawks Need This Win Too The word among NFL pundits is that the 49ers desperately need a win when they face the Seahawks at Candlestick Sunday. But John Madden says it's an important game for the Seahawks as well.
- Daily Madden: Passing The New Norm In Goal Line Offense It seems short yardage touchdown passes in the NFL are now more common than short yardage running touchdowns.
- 49ers Fans Shell Out Big Bucks For Final Games At Candlestick For the 49ers, moving out of Candlestick Park to their new stadium in Santa Clara can't come soon enough. But fans nostalgic about cold and windy Candlestick are shelling out big bucks for the final games.