Latest Traffic News
- California To Study Powering The Grid With Gridlock California wants to find out if piezoelectric crystals could be used to produce electricity from the energy created by vehicles driving on roads.
- Caltrain Adds Service To Accommodate Beyonce Concert Fans Caltrain added more train service to accommodate the throngs of fans leaving Beyonce's Formation concert at Levi's Stadium Saturday night.
- Pedestrian-Bicycle Path Approved For Upper Deck Of Richmond-San Rafael Bridge Officials said anyone wishing to enjoy the panoramic views of the bay will be able to access the path 24-hours a day.
- Bomb Squad: Burning Backpack That Halted Traffic On I-280 Posed 'No Threat' Northbound I-280 reopened after a bomb squad was called out to investigate a suspicious backpack fire that stopped traffic for hours.
- Union City Teen Killed In Early-Morning Crash On I-880 In Hayward Izaiah Mease was pronounced dead at the scene. Officials at the coroner's bureau said there were 2 passengers in the car.
- Larkspur Man Identified As Motorcyclist Killed In Friday Crash On Golden Gate Bridge A man who died after his motorcycle crashed into a guard rail on the Golden Gate Bridge Friday evening has been identified as Aamir Ahmad Khan of Larkspur.
- Golden Gate Bridge Lanes Reopen Following Fatal Motorcycle Crash The collision was reported shortly before 6 p.m. and northbound lanes were blocked for about an hour.
- SF Mayor Steps Up Safety Efforts In Wake Of Bicyclist Deaths Mayor Ed Lee issued an executive directive committing to accelerated safety improvements to the city's streets and bike network over the next nine months.
- I-880 In Oakland Closed Overnight For Repairs Part of Interstate 880 in Oakland will closed overnight for the next few days as crews work on road improvements.
- 1 Killed When Motorcycle Collides With Vehicle Near Lake Berryessa At least one person died Sunday afternoon following a collision involving a motorcycle and a vehicle near Lake Berryessa.