Latest Traffic News
- SFMTA To Vote Tuesday On Dolores Street Median Parking Pilot Program The San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency is set to vote Tuesday to legalize median parking on Dolores Street on weekends despite opposition from those who live in the area.
- Uber To Launch Free Traffic-Status Website, Share Data With Cities Although anyone can use the website, Uber says it believes its main audience will be city officials dealing with congestion in their streets and transit systems.
- Bleach Spill Snarls Traffic On Highway 12 In Sebastopol A flatbed truck spilled an estimated 36 gallons of bleach on state Highway 12 near Sebastopol.
- Major Injuries Reported In 4-Car Crash On I-80 At Berkeley Curve The crash was reported around 2:15 a.m. on Interstate 80 just east of the Bay Bridge.
- Suspect Arrested On Western End Of Bay Bridge After CHP Chase A CHP pursuit that started in Solano County came to a close just past the western end of the Bay Bridge, shutting down three lanes of I-80 as the suspect was taken into custody.
- Most Left Turns Removed On Van Ness Avenue In S.F. As Reconfiguration Begins Over the weekend, left turn lanes from Van Ness at most intersections will be permanently removed.
- Petaluma Pedestrian Struck, Killed By Suspected DUI Driver A pedestrian died late Saturday night when a man suspected of driving while drunk struck him as he was crossing a street in Petaluma.
- Tourists Swamp San Francisco's Lombard Street, Annoying Neighbors And Vexing Officials Sightseers have visited the landmark street for decades, but in the past four or five years, they have flooded it.
- San Francisco Launches Year-Long Speeding Crackdown San Francisco drivers can expect to see more speed enforcement along key corridors throughout the city following the launch Thursday of a new year-long crackdown effort.
- California To Study Powering The Grid With Gridlock California wants to find out if piezoelectric crystals could be used to produce electricity from the energy created by vehicles driving on roads.