Latest Traffic News
- Thousands Hit The Road On Thanksgiving Getaway Day The Thanksgiving getaway rush has begun as thousands of Bay Area residents took the roadways and airways Wednesday on their annual treks to visit family and friends for the holiday.
- Bay Area Contains Some Of Nation's Worst Traffic Bottlenecks Two of the country's worst traffic bottlenecks are right here in the Bay Area and it's costing the economy millions of dollars.
- All Lanes Of I-680 Reopen After Big-Rig Crash, Lumber Spill Southbound Interstate Highway 680 has reopened Thursday afternoon after a big-rig crashed and spilled lumber that blocked lanes of the highway for several hours.
- Woman Removing Clothes Snarls Bay Bridge Traffic A woman was taken for a psychiatric evaluation after she stripped down to her underwear while strolling down Bay Bridge in San Francisco.
- Big Rig Fire On I-580 In Altamont Pass Causes Major Backup A big rig fire has caused a major backup on I-580 in the Altamont Pass.
- Gravel Spill Closes 3 Lanes On Highway 580 In Dublin The California Highway Patrol reopened three of the highway's lanes, near the Dougherty Road exit at 6:06 a.m., after a gravel spill caused the CHP to close some of the highway's lanes.
- SF Begins Restricting Powell Street Traffic, Easing Cable Car Wear And Tear SF officials launched the Powell Street Safety and Sidewalk Improvement Pilot, which will ban most vehicle traffic on two blocks of Powell Street between Ellis and Geary streets.
- Highway 80 Onramp In Richmond Closed Until Afternoon Due To Big-Rig Crash An Interstate Highway 80 onramp closure in Richmond that was prompted by a big-rig crash early Friday morning has still not been lifted.
- Crash Shuts Down Treat Blvd Near Pleasant Hill BART A crash has shut down part of a main thoroughfare in Walnut Creek near the Pleasant Hill BART station Monday morning.
- Storm Brings Sierra Snow; Chains Required The storm that brought rain to the Bay Area has been dropping snow on the Sierra.