Latest Traffic News
- $217 Million Allocated To Fix California Highways, Bridges, Rail Systems California transit authorities announced that $217 million will be allocated to projects intended to upgrade the state's transportation infrastructure.
- 2 Injured, Suspects Detained, In Shooting On I-80 In Richmond Two people were injured -- with one victim in critical condition -- in a freeway shooting on eastbound Interstate 80 in Richmond.
- Slide Forces Closure Of Morgan Territory Road In Contra Costa County A section of Morgan Territory Road in Contra Costa County has been closed due to a mudslide.
- Rockslide Closes Southbound Lanes of Highway 17 Near Los Gatos A rockslide closed southbound state Highway 17 near Los Gatos Monday evening at Lexington Reservoir.
- SF Supervisor Proposes Toll To Drive Down Crooked Block Of Lombard Street Lombard Street gets more than two million visitors each year and traffic backs up to drive down it.
- San Francisco Lawmaker Wants Automated Cameras to Identify, Ticket Speeders Assemblyman David Chiu introduced a bill which would make automatic speed-enforcement cameras and ticketing legal in the state. He defended his plan in an interview on KPIX with Phil Matier.
- Highway 17 Partially Reopened In Both Directions After Landslide Forced Closure Caltrans and the CHP have reopened one lane in each direction on state Highway 17 near Scotts Valley.
- Fremont Red Light Cameras Seem To Have Mind Of Their Own (Or Are They Rigged?) If you paid a fine for a red light ticket in Fremont, pay attention -- there’s something the city didn't want anyone to know.
- Highway 37 Reopened In Novato After Weeklong Flooding Closure The CHP, along with Caltrans crews, worked all week to pump out the water that had flooded the highway.
- Driver Safe In Castro Valley After Tree Smashes Into Her Car A woman driving on Crow Canyon Road in Castro Valley had to be rescued when she was struck by a huge falling eucalyptus Wednesday evening.