Latest Traffic News
- Funny BART Conductor Makes Commute More Tolerable With Catchy Station Announcements "Making off like a herd of turtles," is just one of this BART operator's catch phrases as his passion for passengers comes through the train intercom.
- BART Service Restored After Damaged Equipment Repaired; Delays Continue BART crews have repaired a damaged piece of train control equipment that was causing major delays systemwide Wednesday morning and are working now to restore service on all lines.
- Naked Woman Runs Into Traffic After Bay Bridge Crash A traffic mess on the Bay Bridge ended with a woman taking off her clothes and climbing the bridge railing.
- San Mateo-Hayward Bridge Closing Memorial Day Weekend As Caltrans Finishes Work The San Mateo-Hayward Bridge will close this weekend for the second time this month as Caltrans crews continue to resurface and treat the deck structure, as well as perform maintenance repairs.
- San Francisco Rolls Out New Strategy For A Smooth Commute Your commute in San Francisco may be a little less congested today thanks to a new effort to ease the traffic on city streets.
- 3 Simultaneous Medical Emergencies Triggering BART Delays Three simultaneous medical emergencies triggered BART delays into San Francisco at the tail end of the morning commute Monday.
- Grass Fire Along I-589 Near Altamont Pass Causes Traffic Delays In Both Directions Fire crews have contained a roughly 75-acre grass fire in the center divide of Interstate Highway 580 in Alameda County Sunday afternoon, a Cal Fire official said.
- Golden Gate Bridge Approach To Shut Down At End Of Month The primary connector from downtown San Francisco to the Golden Gate bridge will shut down for a long weekend at the end of the month, leaving drivers to look for other options or avoid the city entirely.
- $4 Million In Toll Money Approved To Study Flooding In Bay Bridge's Foundation The head of a panel overseeing the new $6.4 billion eastern span of the San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge is calling for an investigation of additional problems that have surfaced on the bridge.
- San Mateo Bridge Work Finishes Ahead Of Schedule, Traffic Running Smoothly The eastbound lanes of the San Mateo-Hayward Bridge are open Monday morning after crews finished weekend work on the span, a Caltrans spokesman said.