Latest Traffic News
- Loose Chicken Halts Traffic At The Bay Bridge Toll Plaza A chicken was spotted crossing the Bay Bridge toll plaza Wednesday morning, quickly drawing up many punchlines.
- All Lanes Reopened On Highway 101 In Burlingame After Emergency Repairs All lanes of U.S. Highway 101 in the Burlingame/Millbrae area have reopened Monday morning after being closed 6 hours for emergency repairs.
- Highway 101 Closing Overnight In Burlingame/Millbrae Area For Emergency Repairs U.S. Highway 101 in the Burlingame/Millbrae area closed Sunday night around 9:30 p.m. for an emergency repair.
- Study: Average San Francisco, San Jose Rider Spends About 3 Days In Traffic Each Year More jobs and cheaper gasoline come with a big, honking downside: U.S. roads are more clogged than ever now that the recession is in the rearview mirror.
- New Rule Prohibiting Turns Onto San Francisco's Market Street In Effect It is going to be a little harder getting around by car in The City. A new rule prohibiting vehicles from making turns onto San Francisco's Market Street went into effect Tuesday.
- Motorcyclist Killed In Crash Near San Mateo Bridge In Hayward A motorcyclist died Wednesday morning in a collision on westbound state Highway 92 just east of the San Mateo-Hayward Bridge toll plaza, according to the California Highway Patrol.
- BART Transbay Service Open Again; Board Revisits Building Second Tube BART trains are back in service between Oakland and San Francisco after the Transbay Tube was shut down for the weekend.
- Honda Driver Killed In 4-Car Crash On I-880; All Lanes Reopened Two lanes remain closed on southbound Interstate Highway 880 in Oakland Wednesday morning after a fatal crash, according to the California Highway Patrol.
- All Lanes Of Richmond-San Rafael Bridge Open After Big-Rig Crash The eastbound lanes of the Richmond-San Rafael Bridge have reopened after they were closed for much of Tuesday morning because a big-rig got stuck on a concrete wall, according to the California Highway Patrol.
- Pedestrian Struck, Killed On Hwy 101 Near South San Francisco A man was fatally struck by a vehicle on U.S. Highway 101 after getting out of his vehicle near South San Francisco Sunday morning.