Latest Traffic News
- Study: Average San Francisco, San Jose Rider Spends About 3 Days In Traffic Each Year More jobs and cheaper gasoline come with a big, honking downside: U.S. roads are more clogged than ever now that the recession is in the rearview mirror.
- New Rule Prohibiting Turns Onto San Francisco's Market Street In Effect It is going to be a little harder getting around by car in The City. A new rule prohibiting vehicles from making turns onto San Francisco's Market Street went into effect Tuesday.
- Motorcyclist Killed In Crash Near San Mateo Bridge In Hayward A motorcyclist died Wednesday morning in a collision on westbound state Highway 92 just east of the San Mateo-Hayward Bridge toll plaza, according to the California Highway Patrol.
- BART Transbay Service Open Again; Board Revisits Building Second Tube BART trains are back in service between Oakland and San Francisco after the Transbay Tube was shut down for the weekend.
- Honda Driver Killed In 4-Car Crash On I-880; All Lanes Reopened Two lanes remain closed on southbound Interstate Highway 880 in Oakland Wednesday morning after a fatal crash, according to the California Highway Patrol.
- All Lanes Of Richmond-San Rafael Bridge Open After Big-Rig Crash The eastbound lanes of the Richmond-San Rafael Bridge have reopened after they were closed for much of Tuesday morning because a big-rig got stuck on a concrete wall, according to the California Highway Patrol.
- Pedestrian Struck, Killed On Hwy 101 Near South San Francisco A man was fatally struck by a vehicle on U.S. Highway 101 after getting out of his vehicle near South San Francisco Sunday morning.
- Wragg Fire Near Lake Berryessa Scorches 6,000 Acres, 200 Homes Evacuated A fast-moving wildfire near Lake Berryessa has scorched at least 6,000 acres as of late Wednesday night, prompting the evacuations of nearly 200 homes.
- Grass Fire Blocks Lane Of I-80 In Solano County A grass fire has blocked the right lane of eastbound Interstate Highway 80 at the interchange of northbound Interstate Highway 505 Wednesday afternoon, according to the California Highway Patrol.
- Crash Leads To Car Fire On San Mateo Bridge A crash led to a car fire on the eastbound side of the San Mateo Bridge Sunday afternoon, according to the California Highway Patrol.