More than two years after Sierra LaMar went missing, court documents were released showing what investigators said they discovered — evidence that may link the suspect to the Morgan Hill teenager.
A judge in Santa Clara County Superior Court on Friday ordered the release of thousands of pages of transcripts from proceedings by a county grand jury that indicted a man in the 2012 murder-kidnapping of Morgan Hill teen Sierra LaMar.
Volunteers who have spent countless hours searching, without success, for Morgan Hill teenager Sierra LaMar filled a San Jose courtroom Friday to show support for her family as the man accused of murdering her suspect made his first court appearance since prosecutors announced they would seek the death penalty.
Santa Clara County District Attorney Jeff Rosen announced Monday that his office will seek the death penalty against Antolin Garcia-Torres in the 2012 kidnapping and murder of 15-year-old Sierra LaMar in Morgan Hill.
Antolin Garcia-Torres, the 22-year-old man charged with kidnapping and murdering Morgan Hill teenager Sierra LaMar, pleaded not guilty at his arraignment hearing in Santa Clara County Superior Court Thursday afternoon.
Antolin Garcia-Torres, the suspect in the nearly two-year-old murder of Sierra LaMar, a 15-year-old from Morgan Hill, has been indicted by a grand jury.
The man charged with kidnapping and murdering 15-year-old Sierra LaMar last year will appear in Santa Clara County Superior Court in San Jose Tuesday in a case fraught with pretrial delays.
A Santa Clara County Superior Court judge Thursday again postponed a plea hearing for the defendant in the Sierra LaMar kidnapping and murder case after the defense said it could not access some digital copies of evidence.
The man accused of kidnapping and murdering missing Morgan Hill teen Sierra LaMar once again failed to enter a plea in a brief court appearance on Wednesday, as he faces new charges.
Antolin Garcia-Torres, accused in the alleged murder-kidnapping of missing Morgan Hill teen Sierra La Mar, also will face charges Wednesday in the alleged attacks on three women in 2009