A new mobile device app has been developed that lets people know if it is safe to go into the water at San Francisco beaches.
Monterey County health officials have lifted an advisory warning that told people to avoid swimming at a state beach in Pacific Grove because of high levels of bacteria found there.
Monterey County health officials have issued an advisory warning people to avoid swimming at a state beach in Pacific Grove because of high levels of bacteria found there.
In recent months, starfish, also known as sea stars, have been dying by the millions up and down the Pacific Coast. Over 20 species have been affected according to Dr. Jennifer Scarlett, a veterinarian with the San Francisco SPCA.
A Marin County beach has earned the dubious distinction of being named the dirtiest in the Bay Area.
A Stockton man claims he got severely sick and lost nearly 30 pounds in one week after swimming at the Woodward Reservoir in Stanislaus County.
A 15-year-old boy from Wisconsin is healthy today because of the hard work of UCSF researchers who worked round the clock for 48 hours to save him and produced results that have the potential to save many more.
New findings from Auburn University show just how germ-filled the cabins of passenger jets really are. Scientists exposed six common airplane surfaces to MRSA, E. coli and other bacteria. They found that the potentially-deadly bacteria could survive for over a week.
Many people these days are participating in ‘tough mudders’ to stay fit in a fun way. But they may want to practice keeping their mouths shut.
The San Francisco Public Utilities Commission will mix Hetch Hetchy water with San Francisco groundwater and said the supply will be safe for consumption.