Major League Baseball revealed over the weekend that their commissioner sent a denial letter to the Oakland Athletics over the summer, to block their plans to move to San Jose.
Major League Baseball commissioner Bud Selig formally informed the Oakland A’s this summer that the team’s bid to move San Jose had been denied.
The A’s won their 16th division title in 2013, but bowed out with a disappointing ALDS loss (again).
Once again, it’s an elimination game at home for the Oakland Athletics at the O.co Coliseum on Thursday night, and they’re starting a rookie against Justin Verlander.
Lawyers for the city of San Jose and Major League Baseball squared off Friday in federal court as MLB asked a judge to dismiss a lawsuit by the city that accuses the league of unlawfully preventing the Oakland A’s from moving to San Jose.
Major League Baseball Commissioner Bud Selig said Thursday that he plans to retire in January 2015. The 79-year-old Selig’s announcement came just one day after an interview with CBS Sports Radio in which he had some harsh words when it came to the ballpark woes of the Oakland Athletics.
Major League Baseball is planning to announce a new zero-tolerance policy against sexual harassment and discrimination based on sexual orientation.
The San Jose city council has voted to file suit against Major League Baseball over the delay in allowing the Oakland A’s to move to a new ballpark San Jose.
In a lawsuit filed on Tuesday in federal court, the City of San Jose said Major League Baseball has been dragging its feet in having owners vote on the A’s proposed move to San Jose.
Whatever it is, it’s a major turnaround for commissioner Bud Selig who for years stood by silently as players made a mockery of the game, even going so far as congratulating Barry Bonds on breaking Henry Aaron’s career home run mark in 2007.