kpix-7-2013-masthead kcbs 7-2013-masthead

Carbon Monoxide

Smoke detector ( FRED DUFOUR/AFP/Getty Images)

Bay Area Residents: Reset Clocks, Check Smoke Alarms, Daylight Saving Time Begins

Bay Area public safety officials are reminding residents to not only reset their clocks for daylight saving time, which begins early Sunday morning, but to also check smoke alarms and other emergency equipment.

03/08/2014

Max, a German shepherd who pulled his owner out of bed as their home filled with carbon monoxide. (CBS)

Hero Dog Saves Elderly Novato Man From Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

A Novato man’s dog – obtained from a rescue organization – is being credited with returning the favor by saving his life after he was overcome with carbon monoxide poisoning.

03/05/2014

Carbon Monoxide alarms are displayed in a Home Depot store. (Tim Boyle/Getty Images)

14 Hospitalized By Mystery Carbon Monoxide Leak In San Francisco

Pacific Gas and Electric representatives found no source of the carbon monoxide that sent 14 people in San Francisco’s Bernal Heights neighborhood to the hospital Sunday evening.

11/26/2012

A hotel in Burlingame was evacuated after a carbon monoxide leak.  (CBS)

Burlingame Hotel Evacuated Over Carbon Monoxide Leak

The Embassy Suites Hotel in Burlingame was evacuated early Thursday morning after a carbon monoxide leak was discovered.

11/08/2012

Carbon Monoxide alarms are displayed in a Home Depot store. (Tim Boyle/Getty Images)

Hayward Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Sickens 3

Fire officials in Hayward are reminding residents to install carbon monoxide detectors in their homes after three people were hospitalized for carbon monoxide poisoning in the city Sunday morning.

11/27/2011

A carbon monoxide alarm. (CBS)

ConsumerWatch: New Law Requires Carbon Monoxide Detectors

Starting July 1st, California homeowners are expected to install carbon monoxide detectors in their homes.

CBS San Francisco–06/02/2011

smoke detector

California To Require Carbon Monoxide Detectors In Homes

Once this summer hits, California single family homes will be required to have carbon monoxide detectors.

CONNECT WITH KCBS–05/29/2011

smoke detector

Marin County Residents Urged To Change Batteries In Smoke Detectors

San Rafael firefighters are urging Marin County residents to change the batteries in their smoke and carbon monoxide detectors Sunday as part of the annual “Change Your Clock, Change Your Battery” campaign.

CBS San Francisco–03/12/2011

San Francisco Marriott Marquis, carbon monoxide poisoning

San Francisco Restaurant Reopens After Carbon Monoxide Leak

A San Francisco Indian restaurant has resumed meal service not more than a day after it was shut down for a carbon monoxide leak that hospitalized several people, according to the restaurant manager.

CBS San Francisco–01/10/2011

San Francisco Marriott Marquis, carbon monoxide poisoning

Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Sickens San Francisco Hotel Guests

A carbon monoxide leak that hospitalized four hotel guests in San Francisco Thursday night has been traced to a nearby restaurant.

CBS San Francisco–01/07/2011