All Clear Given At Fremont Hazmat IncidentThe all-clear has been given for Fremont residents following a shelter-in-place advisor Friday morning after a chemical reaction started in the back of a garbage truck during a trash pickup, fire officials said.
Haz-Mat Scare Prompts Temporary Evacuation Of Hotel In Walnut CreekAll but one of the occupants of a hotel in Walnut Creek returned to their rooms Saturday night after a possible hazardous materials incident.
Car Smashes Through Front Of South SF Bio-Tech CompanyA hazardous materials team responded Monday afternoon to a car crash through the front of a bio-tech company in South San Francisco, according to fire officials.
Vandal Throws Bag Of Feces, Paint At Novato Market's Meat CounterA Novato supermarket was closed temporarily after a vandal tossed a bag full of feces, urine, paint and rubbing alcohol inside the store.
San Jose Chemical Fire Produces Toxic Fumes, Caustic RunoffA hazardous materials crew is cleaning up a "chemical soup" at an automotive plating and metal work business in North San Jose where a four-alarm fire took place earlier Tuesday morning, a fire captain said.
Package Covered In 'Unknown Liquid' Prompts Apple Store Evacuation, Hazmat Response In MontereyMonterey firefighters have evacuated a portion of a shopping center this afternoon after employees at an Apple electronics store said they felt sick after receiving a package with an unknown substance, the city’s fire chief said.
Shelter-In-Place Order Lifted After Hayward Hazmat Situation At Chemical CompanyA hazmat situation at a Hayward chemical company has ended after nearby residents and businesses were ordered to shelter in place within a one-mile radius.
Burning Briquettes Force Evacuation of San Jose Apartment ComplexAn apartment complex in South San Jose was evacuated Thursday because of a hazardous materials incident.
Shasta Co. Authorities Incinerate Explosives-Packed Mobile HomeSheriff's deputies in Redding burned down a mobile home where more than 60 pounds of highly volatile explosive material was found.
Used Hypodermic Needles Spilled Onto El Sobrante StreetA roadway in El Sobrante is closed Tuesday morning as crews work to clean up dozens of used hypodermic needles that spilled onto the street, according to the California Highway Patrol.
15 Sickened By Hazmat Exposure At San Francisco Wharf HotelA hazardous materials incident at a hotel in San Francisco's famed Fisherman's Wharf district sickened 15 people and prompted a brief evacuation Monday evening, fire officials said.
Hazmat Scare At St. Francis Memorial Hospital In San FranciscoSan Francisco firefighters were called to a possible hazardous materials situation Thursday at Saint Francis Memorial Hospital.