The owner of the Italian entry in the America’s Cup said Friday that his boat will compete this summer, but he would like to see new safety measures following the death of a sailor on a training run last week.
The 2013 America’s Cup has faced controversy and setbacks at nearly every turn since San Francisco won the right to host the World’s premier sailing race 2010. Now, the death of a Swedish team member during training on May 9th is likely to cast a shadow over the event finals, which officially get underway on San Francisco Bay September 7th.
A South San Francisco man is facing up to four years and four months in jail after pleading no contest to charges that he kidnapped his two children and took them away on a stolen yacht.
The multi-million dollar luxury sailing yacht that was run aground by alleged thieves off Linda Mar Beach in Pacifica Monday is now safe at a Richmond salvage yard. But, it’s possible the vessel endured so much damage that it could be declared a total loss.
A 43-year-old father is set to stand trial on charges that he kidnapped his two young children and took them away on a stolen yacht.
The America’s Cup Organizing committee is millions short in coming up with private funds to cover the costs of covering the yachting race. Now a San Francisco supervisor has said city officials were “f-ing played” by race organizers and he’s “f-ing ashamed” of the likelihood that the city will spend millions in public funds on the event.
A racing yacht named after one of the world’s fastest cars has sailed into San Francisco Bay in what organizers say is the fastest passage of a single-hulled sailing vessel from New York to San Francisco.
A Bay Area man accused of kidnapping his two children and taking them on a stolen yacht for three days has postponed entering a plea for the second time.
A man accused of kidnapping his two children from their South San Francisco home and taking them on a stolen yacht for three days said Tuesday that he knew he had “gone crazy” but never endangered them.
Christopher Maffei is accused of forcibly taking his 3-year-old daughter and 2-year-old son from their grandmother while the children’s mother was in court seeking a restraining order against him.