OAKLAND (CBS SF) – Oakland police are looking for a 14-year-old boy who they believe is a suspect in two sexual assaults and robberies over the past week.

Police have identified the teen as Brionn Glasper, an African American male, 5 feet 5 inches tall and weighing 110 pounds, with black hair and brown eyes.

He is believed to be a suspect in two sexual assaults and robberies that took place in Oakland on the nights of January 6 and 12. The first occurred when a 28-year-old woman was walking on the 1200 block of Market Street. Police said she was approached by a person who simulated a firearm and demanded her wallet. The suspect then forced her to an isolated area, where he sexually assaulted her.

In the second attack, a 28-year-old woman was walking on the 600 block of 11th Street when she was approached by a person riding a bicycle. Once again, the suspect simulated having a handgun and demanded the woman’s purse. He forced her to an isolated area where he sexually assaulted her.

KCBS’ Susan Kennedy Reports:

Oakland police spokeswoman Johnna Watson said that it is unusual for them to release the identity of a minor in an ongoing investigation.

“We’re dealing with a juvenile so the law does not allow us to release his photo to the media and to make the public aware of this particular threat to the community,” said Watson. “But the law does allow us to release his name and a physical description.”

Police said that they believe Glasper is armed and dangerous.

Oakland police are asking for the public’s help in finding the suspect. Anyone with information is asked to contact the Youth and Family Services Division at (510) 238-3641. They are also advising women to be aware of their surroundings.

(Copyright 2012 by CBS San Francisco. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)

Comments (16)
  1. Hali says:

The guy only weighs 110lb and 5’5 and is 14 years old. I would fight, I would never let him take me into a dark corner. Kick him in his groin, claw, punch, bite.

1. Grip says:

They thought he was armed.

2. Cdiesel says:

This person is a danger to society ! Release his photo, Now! why do innocent people have to suffer to the protect the rights of a minot who is breaking the law?! You know his name..Does he have priors?!

1. Rob says:

Why release his photo? They never release the photo of the woman that ACCUSE men of assaulting them. I’m still waiting to see the trollop that claimed those guys from Duke raped her, or the female found with 3 different spooge types in her panties the same night she claimed Kobe Bryant raped her in Colorado.

Where are the pictures of the accuser after they are found lying!

Fair is fair.

5’5″ 1 Buck and 10 cents??? a strong wind gust would do the job.

3. Derick says:

If I see this punk in my neighborhood, 1 shot in the the face and two to the heart. Breeding at its finest of the ghettos of Oakland.

4. patty cakes says:

now. now. let us not be racist. after all with a name like santiago.

1. Tyrone says:

What are you trying to say? I know two Santiago’s both are two of the kindest people I have ever met…

5. Michael Greenlee says:

Oakland has the highest per capita number of people on parole or probation of all cities in the United States. Who still lives there? Hard core gang bangers… everybody else is gone.

1. cg says:

I live there and i am not a hard core gang member and neither is my husband, it is wrong of u to stereotype I and my husband hold a 40 hr wk job and raise our son who is not involved in any type of violence. So it is very wrong of you to make that comment.

It is how you are brought up and how u raise your own children. Be involved in your childs lives and discipline them. Know where they are and keep them off the streets. My son is 16 and has NEVER been in trouble with the law or school.

6. blktro says:

Release his Picture and send him to the BIG HOUSE not JUVIE house. I don’t really care if he’s a minor, he’s a danger to society

7. so not funny says:

I’m trying to imagine what someone who is 5’5 and 110lbs looks like… Hell the imaginary gun has to be bigger than him.

8. Blanca Nieve says:

Fight fire with fire…When forced to set foot in Oakland, ALWAYS CARRY A GUN! I’d rather give that 14-year old beast MY bullet in HIS head, than my purse and my p***y! His STD’s and defective DNA are hardly compensation for “complying”. The only action these psychotic, degenerates understand is YOUR FINGER ON THE TRIGGER OF YOUR GUN!!
    Ojo por ojo. Diente por diente.

1. whathappened says:

You may have noticed if you protect yourself in a state controled by democrats you will commit a crime.

9. whathappened says:

If there is a law that precludes puting out his picture just violate it What is the purpose of such a law. These punks and the loser segment of society is growing and it is encourgaged by democrats such as Mary Hayashi and the judge and prosecutors that lelt her walk away.