SAN FRANCISCO (CBS 5) – You know about the laptops, tablets and smartphones — back to school tech that makes you blanch at the price. Here are 5 solid back-to-school tech buys that are under $100.
You know all about the expensive back-to-school tech: Notebooks, tablets and smartphones. How about something very affordable for a change? CNET’s 2012 Back to School tech guide has an entire section on great student tech below $100. Here are my five favorite picks that make me want to be back in college again!READ MORE: UPDATE: Wildland Fire Burns 150 Acres Near Watsonville; Evacuations Ordered, Zero Containment
– The basic Amazon Kindle: $79. Simple, light, really all you need. And check if your student can get some of their textbooks on the Amazon e-textbook store to save more money (and weight).
– Belkin Bluetooth Music Receiver: $25. This device makes anything with an AUX input jack ready to play music streamed wirelessly from a smartphone. Slick, and future proofing.READ MORE: CHP Pursuit Ends With Crash, AC Transit Bus Into West Oakland Home
– Klipsch S4 earbuds: $60. Students ALWAYS have a pair of earbuds screwed into their head, they may as well sound good and be comfortable. These accomplish that for modest money.
– Logitech Solar Keyboard for Apple: $80. This is for the student who is all Apple, all the time. A slim, self-charging keyboard that works with a MacBook, iPad or iPhone.
– Epson NX430 Multifunction: $80. Not real sexy, but you’re student will use it as much or more than anything on this list. Print, scan, copy and more in a compact device for under $100 with solid Epson quality.MORE NEWS: COVID: Bay Area Airports, Tourism Industry Gears Up As Rules Loosen For International Travelers
(Copyright 2012 by CBS San Francisco. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)