We all love a good ending – and in Major League Baseball, there is nothing better than walking off the field with the crowd going wild while Gatorade is being poured over your head. This tradition has lived long before the ice bucket challenge – although we’d love it if MLB donated money to ALS for every time ice cold Gatorade was used to douse a player!
READ MORE: UPDATE: Pleasant Hill In-N-Out Burger Shut Down for Repeatedly Defying COVID Health Order
Check out five great celebrations over the years involving Gatorade (the multi-color edition)…
6. Last year Steven Strasburg got destroyed by his teammates. Sideline reporter Julie Alexandria did a great job anticipating the dousing.
[mlbvideo id=”29637281″ width=”400″ height=”224″ /]
5. After his first complete game shutout, Jeremy Guthrie gets his very first Gatorade bath!
[mlbvideo id=”26855565″ width=”400″ height=”224″ /]
4. James McDonald adds a unique twist to the celebration.
READ MORE: San Francisco Chinatown Businesses Targeted In ADA Lawsuits Getting Additional Legal Help
3. Brett Lawrie’s first Major League game is rewarded with a special Gatorade combo.
[mlbvideo id=”17704653″ width=”400″ height=”224″ /]
2. Let it fly! Will Venable gets hit with a sneak attack from a fellow teammate after a walk-off winner.
[mlbvideo id=”27573617″ width=”400″ height=”224″ /]
1. Now this is ridiculous…
[mlbvideo id=”22567455″ width=”400″ height=”224″ /]
Bonus: Back to Washington – this time Julie wasn’t as lucky…
[mlbvideo id=”26621261″ width=”400″ height=”224″ /]MORE NEWS: San Joaquin County Jury Convicts Man In Brutal Beating Of Woman In Stockton