PINOLE (CBS SF) — A neighbor is being credited with saving a woman from a house fire in Pinole.

An electrical problem with a clothes dryer caused the fire in Pinole on Saturday that has displaced a family, according to the Pinole Fire Department.

READ MORE: 'Enough Is Enough!' Bay Area Lawmaker Urges Newsom To Impose Harsher Penalty For Attacks On Journalists

The fire in the 2500 block of Silvercrest Court was reported around 9:20 p.m., Battalion Chief Steve Akre said.

A woman who lived in the home was sleeping when the fire happened. She was alerted to the flames by an astute neighbor and escaped uninjured, Akre said.

Firefighters were able to contain the blaze to the garage, he said. The home did not have a working smoke detector.

READ MORE: Bay Area Sees Population Explosion Of Feral Cats; Pandemic Hinders Spay/Neuter Efforts

Four engines, one truck and two battalion chiefs responded, and were able to contain the fire before it damaged any adjacent homes.

In the wake of this fire, Akre is reminding people the importance of having a working smoke detector.

No firefighters were injured in the incident, Akre reported.

MORE NEWS: COVID, Homeless Encampments Are Final Straws For School In San Jose's Little Italy Neighborhood

TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. Bay City News Service contributed to this report.