SAN FRANCISCO (CBS SF) — Two suspects remain at large after crashing a vehicle into an upscale designer boutique in San Francisco’s Union Square before burglarizing the store of handbags early Wednesday morning, police said.
Officers received a report of the burglary on Maiden Lane near Grant Avenue at about 3 a.m., police said.
Based on the preliminary investigation, police said that after crashing the vehicle into the building, causing a glass window to shatter, the passenger of the vehicle got out and stole handbags from the store.
An employee at the Prada store said the burglary took place at the Chanel boutique. However, an employee at Chanel refused to comment on the incident Wednesday morning.
Police said the suspects were seen driving a white vehicle. Police said they are working to release more information about the vehicle as well as suspect descriptions.
© Copyright 2014 by CBS San Francisco and Bay City News Service. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
RECENT CRIME NEWS:
- Police Release Photo of Suspect in Cal Campus Assault
- Armed Suspects Rob, Assault Pedestrian In Pleasanton
- R. Kelly Charged In Cook County With Criminal Sexual Abuse
- SFPD Officer From Racist Text Scandal Pleads Guilty To San Francisco Bank Robberies
- Despite Crackdown, BART Fare Evasion Remains Rampant
- VIDEO: Napa Sheriff Releases Stunning Body Cam Video Of Fatal Shooting