SAN JOSE (KPIX 5) – The mother of NFL player Ray McDonald came to her son’s defense after the former San Francisco 49er was accused of a sexual assault at his San Jose home earlier this week.
Speaking to KPIX 5 by phone from Florida, Labrina McDonald said her son is a good Christian boy who would not do something like this and that he knows how to properly treat a woman.
McDonald wasn’t talking Wednesday night, as he got out of his brand new Bentley and walked into his Silver Creek neighborhood home.
RAY McDONALD TIMELINE:
• December 17: McDonald Accused Of Sexual Assault; Police Serve Warrant At His SJ Home
• November 11: McDonald Speaks Out After Charges Dropped
• November 10: Domestic Violence Charges Dropped
• October 7: San Jose Police Investigated For Conflict Of Interest In Moonlighting For 49ers
• September 18: McDonald’s Fiancée Grabbed Handgun During Disturbance
• August 31: McDonald Arrested On Domestic Violence Charge
Earlier in the day, the 49ers released McDonald from the team. “Ray’s demonstrated a pattern of poor decision making that has led to multiple distractions for this organization and this football team and it really can no longer be tolerated,” 49ers General Manager Trent Baalke said.
McDonald has yet to be arrested or charged. His mother said surveillance video from his home will show the truth and that nothing illegal happened.
Quarterback Colin Kaepernick said he hopes this is just a misunderstanding. “It’s not a situation you want to hear about, very unfortunate,” Kaepernick told reporters.
Four months ago, San Jose police arrested McDonald for domestic violence against his pregnant fiancée, but the district attorney said there was not enough evidence to prosecute.
Police served a search warrant at McDonald’s home on Tuesday. McDonald’s mother said that police have the surveillance video.
[display-posts category=”49ers” wrapper=”ul” posts_per_page=”6″]