SAN FRANCISCO (KCBS)— San Francisco’s District Attorney George Gascon announced on Friday that that an investigation has concluded that four police officers involved in last year’s shooting death of Alex Nieto, a 28-year-old City College student were lawful, and will they will not face charges.

Family and friends are expected to speak out against the D.A.’s decision Friday afternoon at the city’s Hall of Justice.

READ MORE: 4 San Jose Double Homicide Suspects Arrested; Drugs, Weapons Seized

Nieto was killed on March 21, 2014 in Bernal Heights Park after arriving police responded to 911 calls of a suspicious person acting erratically and allegedly pointing a gun. Officers said they opened fire when Nieto pointed what they thought was a gun at them. The weapon turned out to be a Taser.

An autopsy shows that Nieto suffered up to 15 gunshot wounds from as few as 10 bullets.

This case has led to protests accusing the officers of excessive force. Attorneys for Nieto’s family had wanted criminal charges filed.

READ MORE: Secretary of State Approves Sonoma County’s Voter’s Choice Election Model

“We’ve conducted a very thorough investigation in this case. We’ve talked to over 20 different witnesses. We reviewed forensic evidence. We looked at a variety of different factors involving the shooting,” said Gascon.

In addition, the DA said he’s invited the Nieto family to meet with him to go over the investigation findings, but they have declined.

An attorney for the family along with his team was expected to make a statement from the Hall of Justice.

MORE NEWS: Report: Supreme Court Justice Stephen Breyer To Retire

A civil rights lawsuit in the case was filed in August and is still in the process of working through the courts.