SAN JOSE (KPIX 5) — The 911 call has been released in the Memorial Day weekend arrest of former San Francisco 49ers defensive end Ray McDonald on suspicion of domestic violence and child endangerment.
In the phone call, the alleged victim’s mother called police, after her daughter called her for help, trying to escape.
Dispatcher: “Stay on the line with me, ok?”
Caller: “Ok, ok, ok, but I’m freaking out, it’s my daughter, she’s got an infant.”
Dispatcher: “I understand, I understand. And who is it that she’s in domestic with, the father of the child?”
Dispatcher: “Ok, just one second.”
Caller: “He’s drunk.”
The call came in just before 4:00 a.m. Monday and the victim appears to be McDonald’s ex-fiancee. Police said she was holding their baby when she was assaulted.
RAY McDONALD TIMELINE:
• March 16: McDonald Files Defamation Lawsuit Over Rape Allegations
• December 17: McDonald Accused Of Sexual Assault; Police Serve Warrant At His SJ Home
• November 11: McDonald Speaks Out After Charges Dropped
• November 10: Domestic Violence Charges Dropped
• San Jose Police Investigated For Conflict Of Interest In Moonlighting For 49ers
• September 18: McDonald’s Fiancée Grabbed Handgun During Disturbance
• August 31: McDonald Arrested On Domestic Violence Charge
“I’m all the way in Los Banos. I’m not even there,” the caller told the dispatcher. “She just called me and asked me to please call 911 because she’s trying to escape with the infant.”
Officers arrested McDonald at the San Jose home of former teammate Justin Smith. McDonald was cut from the Chicago Bears, his new team, several hours later.
McDonald’s attorney said his client denies the allegations.