SAN JOSE (CBS SF) — Images of a man being methodically chased and gunned down in San Jose last week were released Tuesday, and police have urged a third suspect to surrender after two others were shot dead by police in separate incidents.

The suspect is one of three people who police say terrorized and killed a man in an office park on Lundy Drive in San Jose last week. The victim was identified as 38-year-old Christopher Maxwell Wrenn. Police characterized his murder as “horrific” and said it was caught on surveillance video.

“The suspects were running after and intimidating and terrorizing the victim,” said Sgt. Enrique Garcia of the San Jose Police Department.

Wrenn has been arrested and convicted multiple times for on methamphetamine charges, most recently in February.

Christopher Maxwell Wrenn

Christopher Maxwell Wrenn (California DMV)

The first of the three suspects, whom police identify as Matthew Castillo of San Jose, was shot and killed by police on Sunday. Witnesses said he had a gun in his hand when he was shot.

The second suspect was spotted Monday night in a car with a woman who he intended to kill, according to police spokesman Sgt. Enrique Garcia.

When he realized he was being followed, he tried to get away. After a crash near Kirkhaven Court and Stoneyhaven Way and foot pursuit, he was also shot and killed by an officer.

There was no weapon found on that suspect, and while Garcia on Monday night said officers reported the suspect reaching for his waistband before the shooting, on Tuesday Garcia said officers backtracked on that assertion.

On Tuesday evening, police identified the second suspect as Richard Jacquez of San Jose.

(L-R) Matthew Castillo, Richard Jacquez and an unidentified man are suspected of killing Christopher Maxwell Wrenn on Lundy Avenue in San Jose on August 13, 2015. Castillo and Jacquez were killed in separate police shootings (San Jose Police Department)

(L-R) Matthew Castillo, Richard Jacquez and an unidentified man are suspected of killing Christopher Maxwell Wrenn on Lundy Avenue in San Jose on August 13, 2015. Castillo and Jacquez were killed in separate police shootings (San Jose Police Department)

Friends and family of Jacquez gathered for a vigil Tuesday night.

“He meant something to us and we just think the way he died was brutal,” said Miranda Montiel, the suspect’s niece. “It shouldn’t have went down like that. He was unarmed.”

San Jose Police is urging the third suspect to turn himself in. “I would definitely encourage that suspect to consider contacting the San Jose Police Department homicide unit and self-surrendering,” said Garcia. “Go through an attorney, go through a friend, a relative, go through the media – surrender.”

Monday night’s shooting was the fourth by San Jose Police in nine days.

 

Comments