KPIX 5 Morning Weather Anchor Roberta Gonzales answers the questions you never get to ask on-air.
Q: Roberta, I know you do a lot of charity work, what are YOUR favorite groups to work with on this “Giving Tuesday?” – Patricia Suarez, San Jose
A: Hi Patricia! I have a number of favorite organizations to work with for different reasons!
My mother, who passed away in 2013, taught me several valuable lessons in life. The one I hold closely to my heart is, she said, “Mija, you will never be remembered as the greatest meteorlogist in the world, but it is what you do with your job that you will be remembered for. Whatever your passion is, use that job to help others.”
My favorite philanthrophic organizatons are too many to list. I try to learn from each non-profit organization I am involved with and while I may not be always able to help financially, I certainly give my time endlessly and tiredlessly. After all, time is money.
Here is a partial list of those I work closely with, in the event you may want to help on this “Giving Tuesday.”
- Best Buddies bestbuddies.org
- Junvenile Diabetes Association diabetes.org
- Sheperds Gate shepherdsgate.org
- American Cancer Society cancer.org
- Girl Scouts Of America girlscouts.com
- Breathe California lungsorus.org
- Food For Bay Area Families (Second Harvest Bank, Alameda Food Bank; Food Bank Of Contra Costa, Open Heart Kitchen) bayareahunger.org
- Sunflower Hill sunflowerhill.org
- Amgen Crush Challenge crushchallenge.org
Do you have a question or observation you would like to share with me? I would love to hear from you! Please email Gonzales@kpix.cbs.com