PALO ALTO (KCBS) — High school students’ lives can be at times filled with stress and anxiety. Beyond that, some students are not mentally well.
In Palo Alto, there have been two clusters of teen suicides in recent years. But concrete steps are being taken to address the issue in this affluent, tech-savvy, competitive community.READ MORE: Report: San Francisco Giants Lose Free Agent Pitching Ace Kevin Gausman To Blue Jays
KCBS’ Margie Shafer brings us Part 2 of her special report: Beyond the Fingerpointing.
READ MORE: 'The Long Good-Bye'; New Hope In The Battle Against Alzheimer’s Disease
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
Here are some of the warning signs of suicide:
- Talking about wanting to die or to kill oneself.
- Looking for a way to kill oneself, such as searching online or buying a gun.
- Talking about feeling hopeless or having no reason to live.
- Talking about feeling trapped or in unbearable pain.
- Talking about being a burden to others.
- Increasing the use of alcohol or drugs.
- Acting anxious or agitated; behaving recklessly.
- Sleeping too little or too much.
- Withdrawing or feeling isolated.
- Showing rage or talking about seeking revenge.
- Displaying extreme mood swings.