FREMONT (CBS SF) — A man who was unable to walk had to be transported out of a Fremont house that caught fire Tuesday morning, a fire division chief said.

At 6:06 a.m., firefighters responded to a report of a house fire in the 5500 block of Hughes Place, according to Fire Division Chief Diane Hendry.

READ MORE: Vigil Set for Saturday in Santa Rosa to Bring Attention to Search for Missing Mom

Upon arrival, firefighters saw flames and smoke coming from the side of the house. Inside, they found a man in the front living room who was confined to a bed. Additional crews were called to help transport him safely out of the house, Hendry said.

The man suffered smoke inhalation and was treated at the scene. Firefighters were able extinguish the fire by 6:55 a.m.

READ MORE: Warriors, Chase Center to Require Fans Show Proof of COVID Booster Shots

Firefighters determined the fire was electrical in nature, according to Hendry.

A woman who also lives in the home said the fire started as she was getting ready to leave for work. She heard a loud explosion and the power went out, Hendry said.

When she went outside to investigate, she saw a fire burning outside the house and screamed for help and neighbors called 911, the division chief said.

MORE NEWS: Pacers Stun Curry, Warriors 121-117 in Overtime

The home’s two residents were displaced and the American Red Cross is assisting them with shelter, according to Hendry.