KCBS_740 SAN FRANCISCO (KCBS) — Payless is pulling some children’s shoes off the shelves because they’re suspected of causing a fire inside a family’s vehicle.

The fire happened inside a Texas family’s SUV.

READ MORE: Vigil Set for Saturday in Santa Rosa to Bring Attention to Search for Missing Mom

“As soon as you open the door, you can smell the burning plastic,” mother Attila Virag told CBS.

The fire burned a hole in the SUV’s floor, and melted part of the passenger seat when Virag suspects her toddler’s “Jake and the Neverland Pirates” light up shoes ignited.

READ MORE: Warriors, Chase Center to Require Fans Show Proof of COVID Booster Shots

“There was nothing else in there to start a fire,” Virag said.

The half-burned shoe revealed a charred lithium-ion battery. Firefighters are investigating whether or not that started the fire.

MORE NEWS: Pacers Stun Curry, Warriors 121-117 in Overtime

“I’m just glad my son wasn’t wearing it at the time,” Virag said.  She said he’ll get new shoes, but not the light-up kind.