WASHINGTON (CBS / AP) – President-elect Donald Trump seems to be having a change of heart about those protesting the election results.
Trump had denounced the protesters in a tweet late Thursday. He wrote that “professional protesters, incited by the media, are protesting. Very unfair!”READ MORE: Piedmont Wealth Manager Charged In Fatal Oakland Hit-and-Run Crash
But early Friday, he tweeted: “Love the fact that the small groups of protesters last night have passion for our great country. We will all come together and be proud!”READ MORE: Foster City Requiring People To Wear Face Masks Indoors At City-Operated Buildings
• Thursday Night Anti-Trump Protest In Oakland Turns Violent
• Hundreds Of San Jose Students Walk Out Of Class To Protest Donald Trump
• Milpitas Principal On Leave Over Profanity Directed At Donald Trump
• Three Pittsburg High Students Arrested During Trump Protest
• San Francisco Students Stage Citywide Anti-Trump Walkout
Thousands have been gathering in cities across the United States to protest Trump’s victory in Tuesday’s election.MORE NEWS: UPDATE: Major 8.2 Earthquake Rocks Alaskan Coast; Tsunami Warning Lifted For Northern California
© Copyright 2016 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.