By Hayden Wright
(RADIO.COM) – Scant weeks remain in 2016 and the year-end lists are rolling in.
According to YouTube (as reported by Variety), Adele’s installment of James Corden’s “Carpool Karaoke” is the year’s most viral video with 135 million views. Its giant platform paved the way for Corden’s biggest and most talked-about guests from First Lady Michelle Obama to the forthcoming Madonna entry (which airs tonight (Dec. 7). Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan-Tatum’s Lip Sync Battle featuring Ginuwine and Beyoncé also cracked the top ten, which was light on musical entries.
Apart from the overall final tallies, YouTube released the top ten most viewed music videos of the year. Fifth Harmony topped a list that’s rounded out by Twenty One Pilots.
- Fifth Harmony, “Work from Home ft. Ty Dolla $ign”
- Calvin Harris, “This Is What You Came For ft. Rihanna”
- Nicky Jam, “Hasta el Amanecer”
- The Chainsmokers, “Closer (Lyric) ft. Halsey”
- Rihanna, “Work ft. Drake”
- Mike Posner, “I Took A Pill In Ibiza (Seeb Remix)”
- Sia, “Cheap Thrills (Lyric Video) ft. Sean Paul”
- Zayn, “Pillowtalk”
- Coldplay, “Hymn For The Weekend”
- Twenty One Pilots, “Heathens” (from Suicide Squad: The Album)
Here’s Adele’s “Carpool Karaoke” segment in full:
©2016 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All rights reserved.