SAN FRANCISCO (CBS SF) — Firefighters and a PG&E crew extinguished a fire Thursday evening in an electrical vault in San Francisco’s Parkside neighborhood, fire officials said.

Firefighters first responded to the scene at 20th Avenue and Taraval Street at 5:20 p.m.

READ MORE: 'Let it Glow' SF Lights Up San Francisco To Revive Pandemic-Stricken Downtown

No one was injured but multiple transformers were affected.

READ MORE: Officials: Marin County Parents Knowingly Sent Child To School With COVID; 75 Students Quarantined

Fire Department spokesman Jonathan Baxter said firefighters and a PG&E crew would inject carbon dioxide into the vault to displace the oxygen and put out the fire without damaging the vault’s equipment.

Baxter said the fire may have been caused by overheated materials or by trash that caught fire.

MORE NEWS: UPDATE: Alameda County Omicron Variant Outbreak Victims Attended Wisconsin Wedding Last Weekend

© Copyright 2017 by CBS San Francisco and Bay City News Service. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed