ANTIOCH (CBS SF) — An Antioch father of two has died from a severe case of botulism and may be a victim of an outbreak traced to a Walnut Grove service station, family members said.

The family of 37-year-old Martin Galindo say he died in a San Francisco hospital on Thursday night after contracting botulism. His death was linked to an outbreak of botulism traced to nacho cheese sauce served at the Valley Oak Food and Fuel gas station in Walnut Grove.

READ MORE: Berkeley Police Arrest Suspect In 2020 Murder Of Pregnant Woman

On their Go Fund Me Page, family members said Galindo had fallen into a coma and was on a ventilator before he died.

California health officials on Monday confirmed one death among what the state says is 10 people sickened by the cheese dip, but did not identify the deceased victim.

READ MORE: California State University Prepares To Permanently Drop SAT, ACT From Admissions Process

The state Department of Public Health said the illnesses appear caused by botulism carried in nacho-cheese dip sold at a gas station in the Sacramento suburb of Walnut Grove.

The health department said Friday all 10 people sickened were hospitalized. A spokesman said the agency was unable to immediately provide updates on their conditions.


MORE NEWS: 3 Adults, 1 Juvenile Arrested In Series of Oakland Armed Robberies

TM and © Copyright 2017 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2017 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten. The Associated Press contributed to this report.