SAN FRANCISCO (CBS SF) — A house fire that started in a clothes dryer displaced six people Sunday morning in San Francisco’s Balboa Park neighborhood, fire officials reported.

Firefighters responded to a 1-alarm fire at 438 Ostego Avenue at 8:44 a.m. and found that a fire had started in the dryer.

The flames were contained by 8:50 a.m. and it was found to be accidental, according to San Francisco fire.

Four adults and two three-year-old children had to leave the home. None of the residents were injured.

The Red Cross assisted them with housing because there was extensive smoke damage in the house, officials said.

© Copyright 2018 CBS Broadcasting Inc. and Bay City News Service. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Comments
  1. Sounds like another case of idiots who do not maintain their appliances correctly.
    Pathetic.

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s