SAN FRANCISCO (CBS SF) — Authorities and PG&E crews are at the scene of a gas leak in the area of 23rd Avenue and Judah Street Wednesday morning that led to evacuations and a shelter in place order.
The San Francisco Fire Department tweeted out about the incident just before 11 a.m., stating that PG&E crews were at the location working to resolve the leak.READ MORE: 2 Men Suspected Of Setting Massive Caldor Fire Under Arrest
Video from Chopper 5 showed the area was cordoned off with a number of PG&E crew members working on the block where the gas leak appeared to have been caused. A backhoe working on the Muni tracks on Judah Street appeared to be at the center of the issue.READ MORE: Instagram Head Faces Sharp Questions From Senators Amid Anger Over Possible Harm To Young Users
A shelter in place order was issued and evacuations are being done door to door on the immediate block around the intersection of 23rd and Judah. There were no injuries reported.
Shortly after 12 p.m., a PG&E spokesperson said that the leak had been caused by a construction crew hitting a 4-inch gas main. Crews were able to shut of the gas, mitigating the leak.MORE NEWS: Sunnyvale Extends Downtown Outdoor Dining Program Into Late 2022
Authorities are asking residents to avoid the area.