CASTRO VALLEY (CBS SF) — Fire crews quickly knocked down a one-alarm blaze that started in a chimney and spread to a home’s attic Saturday afternoon in Castro Valley, fire officials said.
The fire was reported about 1:20 p.m. at a home in the 25000 block of Palomares Road, according to the Alameda County Fire Department.READ MORE: Apple: Blindsided, Handcuffed By Trump Administration Demand For Swalwell Data
Sprinklers in the home’s attic assisted fire crews, who kept the blaze from spreading to the rest of the house, a fire department spokeswoman said.
No one was injured and the residents were not displaced.READ MORE: COVID Recovery: BART Increases Saturday Service; Weekend Use On The Rebound
MORE NEWS: Update: One Killed, Two Injured When Truck Crashes Into Diners at San Jose Sports Bar
At 1:21 pm Firefighters were dispatched to a single family home on the 25000 block of Palomares Road in Castro Valley on reports of a chimney fire. The fire extended into the attack. pic.twitter.com/A94bbQTsLm
— Alameda County Fire (@AlamedaCoFire) December 12, 2020
© Copyright 2020 CBS Broadcasting Inc. and Bay City News. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed