SAN JOSE (CBS SF) — Firefighters responded to a reported ammonia spill at a San Jose facility operated by food manufacturer Kellogg’s on Friday evening.
The San Jose Fire Department told KPIX 5 that the hazmat team responded to the facility located on the 400 block of Eggo Way near Highway 101 shortly after 4 p.m.READ MORE: COVID Vaccines: 50% Of Eligible Adults Fully Vaccinated In Sonoma County
Employees were evacuated once firefighters arrived. One person was assessed on the scene and released, but no other injuries were reported.READ MORE: Grandparents, Grandkids Share First Hugs Since Pandemic At Palo Alto Retirement Community
Shortly after 8 p.m. the incident was declared “under control” with the leak contained as police began reopening surrounding streets.
Firefighters had advised nearby residents who smelled a gas odor to remain inside and shelter in place, with windows and doors closed.MORE NEWS: Crews Respond to 15-Acre Vegetation Fire Burning in Discovery Bay
Access to Eggo Way was closed at East Julian Street and Wooster Avenue.